Help!chicken with pale face and comb and yellow poop!please help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Cluckcluck1215, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Help!my chicken has a pale face and comb,she is a Easter egger,1 year old,she eats,a little,she will not drink!i don't want to stress her,I have not tried to force her to eat,or drink yet.she also has waterie yellow poop,and she seems very tired!please help!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are some pics!im very worried!

2. Hello!help!

3. harley587

harley587 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jun 18, 2015
    New Jersey
    I am by no means a seasoned chicken owner. However, with a quick search from the symptoms I came up with this article: the-chicken-chick.com/2012/07/chicken-egg-binding-causes-symptoms.html

Is it possible to find out if there is a vet who can handle chickens - maybe contact your local feed store.

I do know that when there is paling in animals, it is usually an emergent matter. I really hope someone can better help you than I.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  4. Thank you!ill look at the link!

5. Featherlyadvice

Featherlyadvice Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2016
    Adrian, MI
    Is it really hot? Does she have worms in her poo? Try putting icecubes in the water and offering her some yogurt.

Im new to chickens, but a nurse. It sounds like she may be dehydrated. You'll have to determine the "why" but in the meantime, try and encourage her to drink. Chickens like cold water. You can also get some electrolytes to put in the water.

6. Featherlyadvice

Featherlyadvice Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2016
    Adrian, MI

Great link!

1 person likes this.
  7. Well,it's warm here,she does not have worms,I put electrolytes in water,she won't drink,or eat,and I really don't want to force her,and,that link,she has 5 out of 10 symptoms

8. harley587

Jun 18, 2015
    New Jersey
    have you tried calling your local feed stores to see if they know of anyone (vet) who could possibly help? 5 of 10 symptoms is a pretty high amount when it comes to medicine...It can be a guessing game because most animals will not have complete textbook symptoms or they will not show them....

9. harley587

Jun 18, 2015
    New Jersey
    I so wish someone with some expertise knowledge and expertise chicken care would hop on and give you some direction...I'm getting anxious for you!! [​IMG]

10. No,I have not,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by