1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help ! Chickens Dying!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by JustAChickenLittle&More, Jun 25, 2011.

1. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    I have a good friend who just called, he said his chickens are all dying. The only symptom he's noticed is that before he finds them dead, they seem to have no energy, and seems like they are confused. The one that died today, he actually had to put him/her in her nest. No energy to move? Can someone help with possibilities?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    JustAChickenLittle&More :

I have a good friend who just called, he said his chickens are all dying. The only symptom he's noticed is that before he finds them dead, they seem to have no energy, and seems like they are confused. The one that died today, he actually had to put him/her in her nest. No energy to move? Can someone help with possibilities?

Just a guess but maybe poison of some kind? do they free range?​

3. chicktwins

chicktwins Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Could heat have been an issue today?? [​IMG]

4. JustAChickenLittle&More

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Miss lydia, its funny you should say that, cause that was my first thought when he told me. They been having problems with their neighbor for about a year, and I wouldnt put it past him. They take extreme care of their chickens and they are in a pen at the back of their house. Hmmm very good point. Thanks for your imput.

Chick: It wasn't extremely hot here today. Actually it was pretty nice. I have chickens as well and they didn't seem to be affected by the heat. But, you never know. Both of us have silkies.

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.

Miss lydia, its funny you should say that, cause that was my first thought when he told me. They been having problems with their neighbor for about a year, and I wouldnt put it past him. They take extreme care of their chickens and they are in a pen at the back of their house. Hmmm very good point. Thanks for your imput.

Chick: It wasn't extremely hot here today. Actually it was pretty nice. I have chickens as well and they didn't seem to be affected by the heat. But, you never know. Both of us have silkies.

If I was him I think I would be looking for anything out of the ordinary, and putting a lock on my coop and run doors.​

6. JustAChickenLittle&More

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Yeah, after I read your post I left him a message. Especially after I remembered that he told me that he had to call the vet out today about one of his cows. Thats too much concidence for me.

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.

Yeah, after I read your post I left him a message. Especially after I remembered that he told me that he had to call the vet out today about one of his cows. Thats too much concidence for me.

Please give us an update on this. and I hope it's not the neighbor, that would be so awful.​

8. JustAChickenLittle&More

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    I'll keep you posted. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by