HELP!!!!! CHICKS STOOL IS BLOODY!!!ASAP

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by peapickinchicks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. peapickinchicks

peapickinchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, KY
    [​IMG] I'm have my very first set of baby chicks. They all are Ameraucanas 10 pullets and 1 cockerel. They were all doing fine before I left to run some errands. When I came back there were some bloody stool spots on there paper towel. I purchased them from a man that goes to our local Stockyards, I did not want to purchase chicks that were given any antibiotics he said he gives his chicks I think he said LS-50 a water fed anti, but the chicks are only 2 days old so I figured they may have not eaten\\drinkin very much or at all yet they were also in pine shavings when I picked them up. I read that pine shaving this early could clog them up if they peck at it. Does anyone know what is wrong with my babies PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!

2. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    They have Cocci, you need to get some Amprolium or Sulmet and treat them as quickly as you can. Your local feed store should have it.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    They need antibiotics. right away

4. peapickinchicks

peapickinchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, KY
    I called my Grandpa he said to keep an eye on them to see if one or a few keep it up , that sometimes it will occur with new chicks but will soon clear up, if they seem to be active, eating drinking and blood stops it will be fine. i changed their paper and its been about an hour now and they all are active and eating and I see no more bloody poo, are local TSC is already closed for today , I put some apple cider vinegar in their water what do you all think !!!!!!:|

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by