1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP!! chook with redness on legs and inbetween toes

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by wyandottewings, Apr 29, 2009.

1. wyandottewings

wyandottewings Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    hi, i have 10 chooks, 2 of which are moulting.one has redness on the legs and inbetween the toes. the other one has the same but worse.please help me and tell me what it is,and is there a cure for it. i am pretty sure its not scaley leg mite because the scales arent lifted of the leg.i will try and get pictures but she runs and hides each time i try and have a closer look. wyandottewings

2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you have any of the following- bag balm, baby oil, mineral oil, vaseline? A photo would be useful!

Gently spread on the affected areas by hand and up as far as the feathers- try not to get the bird damp. Could be leg mites ( which are microsopic) , and even if not, any of these materials should soothe the irritation until you can figure this out,

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  3. wyandottewings

wyandottewings Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    thanks for your reply LynneP, i have vaseline and i will do what you said. im passionate about poultry and hope to learn more. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by