HELP! clicking and wheezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bikerchic, Nov 11, 2011.

1. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    My 6 month old silkie is very letharic, and clicks and wheezes when she breaths. What should I give her. I have her in the house, but she won't eat or drink.

2. bikerchic

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Anyone?

3. Silkie-lover33

Silkie-lover33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have the same problem with a little white chick about 3 months old. I don't think she'll make it through the night because she is doing really bad today and can barely walk.

4. Silkie-lover33

Silkie-lover33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wish I could help [​IMG]

5. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    My ameracauna did that yesterday!! Was it like this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWc52Gs1dF4&feature=related

Its
    not my chicken just so you know :) I got a bowl of boiling water and put a little spoon full of vix in it to help her breath better, put her in a pet carrier, and put the bowl outside the carrier. helped a lot! [​IMG] Although, separate her from the rest of the flock! If it doesn't pass overnight I would be worried. :)

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Agh!! Do you have a vet who will prescribe something for you? If you can get your hands on Baytril, it's a bacteriocidal that works better on poultry respiratory disease than most other drugs. It's got a different method of attack, and hopefully will turn her around for you quickly.

I hate to tell you this, but the eggs didn't get out- got returned to me because my label got lost. In GOOD news, I did just hatch a bunch of Silkies! Perhaps I should send you some? PM me.

7. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. bikerchic

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    Thanks guys. I gave her a shot of tylan. She seems to be doing better. The clicking is gone but still has a slight wheezing. I gave her another dose this morning. I have a friend trying to get my the meds you suggested.

9. bikerchic

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    She just died. [​IMG]

10. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:I'm sorry ): [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by