1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP! Computer people? NO toolbar

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tiki244, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I didnt know where else to post this. I just got back on BYC after a long break because I needed a new computer. Well I have a new/used computer and have been on here for about a week now.It should be in good working order. Most of my computer time is spent on BYC.

ANYWAY<, all of a sudden I have no toolbar anymore. This is very inconvenient to say the least. I have been working on my own to solve this but havent gotten anywhere. I think it was microsoft or internet explorer or something like that, I didnt even pay attention till it was gone.

Can anyone help me?

[​IMG]

2. 4Hchickenproject

4Hchickenproject Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    I'm not a computer expert, but on my laptop it happened once, not sure what I did to cause it, but to correct it I "right-clicked" at the top of my page at a spot where there are no links. The pop-up lists "menu bar" among other things... make sure that's got a checkmark by it.

If that doesn't work, then the problem is way out of my league [​IMG]

3. NYchickie

NYchickie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2010
    If you're talking about your internet explorer toolbar you can try this:

View -> Toolbars -> click on the toolbars you want displayed

if you can't find the View menu to click on....then press Alt+v, this should pop it up for you, then click on Toolbars and select which ones you want displayed.

Hope that helps!!

Val

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    ok I did the alt+v and now I can see the toolbar when I put my mouse way up in the left upper corner. So this is good and I can use it this way. Thanks...But why cant I see it?

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thanks a lot 4hchickenproject and NYchickie it is working now [​IMG]

Man I feel dumb

Oh I had it on full screen! [​IMG] I never would have found that now its working again [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  6. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    You need to set your tool Bar Options. For some reason or another, you have disengaged the tool bar, you need to reset.

7. NYchickie

NYchickie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2010
    Glad you got it working!!

I don't know what version of internet explorer you have working, but in the Toolbars menu (View-> Toolbars) there might be a 'lock toolbars' selection...if it's not checked then select it.

That should help you if you reboot.

Val

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I had the same thing happen a couple days ago. toolbars just disappeared, along with sound. Took a little bit to get them back.

Computers, what are ya gonna do?

Imp

9. spartman

spartman Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2011
    NE South Dakota
    Could also try pressing the F11 button.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by