Help confirm ID of chicks. (many pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Paraclete, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Paraclete

Paraclete In the Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Norco
    Ok, I got these girls, pretty sure they're all girls, around Feb 27, pretty sure on some of them what they are but a second or third or so on opinion would be appreciated. And if anyone can confirm their sex that'd be nice too.

Orpington Buffs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rhode Island Reds, I thinks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Possibly Anconas, not sure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Silver Laced Wyandottes, again, I think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Barred/Plymouth Rocks, I think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Araucana, I think.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The feed store I got them at had them listed as what I have them but after looking at other pictures of these types of chicks from here and elsewhere I'm beginning to wonder about some. And sorry if some of the pics are fuzzy or the birds aren't looking at the camera, they just didn't like to work with me today lol.

2. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Looks like you have them all correct, but im going to comment on the anconas, they seem roo'ish [​IMG]

3. Paraclete

Paraclete In the Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Norco
    Quote:Yeah, I was JUST noticing the waddles? Is that what they're called? Anyways, they're growing in fast and red.

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Quote:Yeah, I was JUST noticing the waddles? Is that what they're called? Anyways, they're growing in fast and red.

Well if you look at pic 1, of the anconas section. The one with the big puffy tail feathers, and waddles if a FOR SURE ROO. and the one on the left of it is a hen. And the one behind I cant tell.

5. Paraclete

Paraclete In the Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Norco

Well if you look at pic 1, of the anconas section. The one with the big puffy tail feathers, and waddles if a FOR SURE ROO. and the one on the left of it is a hen. And the one behind I cant tell.

Yep yep, honestly never noticed it til I posted, at least I'm finding out that they seem to be what the store said they were, and I love roosters, I'll just have to make him a pen for himself or with his ladies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: