help converting a gqf 1266 to a sportsman.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stangardener, Apr 14, 2009.

1. stangardener

stangardener Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    hello,
    will someone with a gqf 1200 series with 3 incubating trays and a bottom hatching tray do me a big favor?
    measure from the top of the incubator on the side down to the first set of srews holding the top incubating tray then the second/middle tray then the third tray. the incubator will not need to be opened to do this. then post the 3 measurements.
    i'm converting a model 1266 that has 3 wider spaced incubating trays and no bottom hatching tray/area.
    if my question doesn't make sense feel free to say so and i'll try to rephrase it:) thank you.

2. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I'm getting a GQF 1266 tomorrow and will be doing the same thing myself. There are a lot of people on here with Sportsmans... I'm sure someone will chime in but you may want to change the title to something like " Anyone with a Sportsman" to get their attention that you have questions...

Nancy [​IMG]

3. stangardener

Apr 14, 2009
    thank you nancydz. i'll give this post a little bit longer and then repost. i see you're in auburn. i'm in somerset, ca. right above placerville.
    does the 1266 you're getting have a custom humidifier on it? i ask because i just got the ones i have from pine grove and they do and there was another available.
    if i get the measurements before you i will pm if you like.
    you may do the same if you have the time.
    thank you, stan.

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Stan,

Yep I must be getting the other one [​IMG] I'll let you know whatever I find out in my conversion. There are a couple others on here that have done the conversion.. not sure if they have the custom humidifier or not but when I get mine I will be in contact with them to help me. Definitely pm me if you find out anything. My brother lives in Somerset too [​IMG] Beautiful area and GREAT WINE! [​IMG]

Nancy

5. G Wiz Ranch

G Wiz Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Lompoc, CA
    Just a quick question, someone close to me (Santa Ynez, CA) is selling a 1266, what did you guys pay? They also have a hatcher? What is the difference?

6. stangardener

Apr 14, 2009
    hello g wiz ranch,
    i paid $200 each for two 1266's.
    i bought two because they were very well kept and have after market electronic humidity systems.
    the hatchers trays do not have automatic egg turners.
    the hatcher is very similar to the incubator and can be used to incubate but you must turn the eggs by hand.

7. jbowen9

jbowen9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    southwest Virginia
    ok i have a 1202 with auto turner and auto waterer and a hatcher in the bottom and i opened the door and measured down for you to my first bar that holds the top tray on the auto turner is 14" down now that is then 19" then 23" hope this helps

8. stangardener

Apr 14, 2009
    thank you jbowen9 i now have a 1202 where i used to have a 1266. thanks again. stan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by