Help Cornish

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CORNISH CRAZY, May 21, 2010.

1. CORNISH CRAZY

CORNISH CRAZY New Egg

May 13, 2010
    i have a white laced red cornish hen pullet can any one tell me what this is and can it be cured ive tried terrmycin duramycin neomycin i give up but i really would like to keep this hen any help would be thankful its a white paste around the vent area it looks like it leaks all the timeYourLinkGoesHere [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. SAORSA

SAORSA Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Wine Country
    I'v never seen it but I know there is an answer here for you.

Anyone posting a pic like that deserves an answer.

Hopefully someone who knows will catch the bump. [​IMG]

3. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    One of my chickens had something similar that was a yeast infection. It was called "Thrush" (or "vent gleet") If you google these two terms you will get a lot of very different answers to how it should be treated. I gave my chicken plain yogurt. If I remember correctly (this was a number of years ago) I also gave her some Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother in her water. This seemed to help somewhat, but we never completely got rid of the condiition. I sell my chickens when they reach 2 1/2 years old and she reached that age before I could see if this treatment completely cured the condition. Good luck with you chicken. I hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by