Help! Corzya outbreak

Larisamarie6

Hatching
Jan 28, 2021
I currently have an adult flock of 12 variety breed birds. We started treating them with Tylan 50 IM on wednesday night with 1 cc twice a day. I thought the half a vial I had left would be enough to cover them, but I was wrong and now I cant find any more to treat them for the remainder! I was planning on doing the whole 5 day treatment because they are pretty bad off and it would kill me to have to cull my entire flock. I was only able to find Tylan 200 today and I have read mixed reviews on how to correctly administer this. Any recommendations on proper dosing to complete their treatment would be greatly appreciated!

What are the symptoms? Has a test been done to confirm coryza? Is there a bad odor in the faces of the sick chickens? MG is more common and can have some of the same symptoms that coryza has. Tylan is good for treatment of MG symptoms, but coryza may require sulfa antibiotics. Either disease is contagious and is never cured, and most of your flock will become carriers for life. I would close the flock until all birds have died. It is the only way to control it and to not spread it to other flocks.

What are the symptoms? Has a test been done to confirm coryza? Is there a bad odor in the faces of the sick chickens? MG is more common and can have some of the same symptoms that coryza has. Tylan is good for treatment of MG symptoms, but coryza may require sulfa antibiotics. Either disease is contagious and is never cured, and most of your flock will become carriers for life. I would close the flock until all birds have died. It is the only way to control it and to not spread it to other flocks.
I understand the importance of closing off my flock. It is definitely corzya, they have the bad odor. I just need help figuring out the dosing change. I dont want to switch antibiotics CD s halfway through. If the tylan does not work, I will try the sulfa antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom