Help! Day 21 no internal pip!

Burbs03

Chirping
Mar 8, 2017
I have been anxiously awaiting this day, the day where chickens are supposed to start hatching. I know it's not set in stone, but my chicks haven't even internally piped yet! I am worried that they are having trouble piping, or even dead. I was hoping to get a chick and would be really disappointed if I didn't. This is my first time incubating chicken eggs and I would feel really bad if they die. Please help!:(

Need info --- what day did you set them, what was your temp what was your humidity the first 18 days and the last three days humidity was set at what what type incubator still air or forced air auto turner or did you turn the eggs by hand if so how many times a day did you lock down on day 18 and leave them a lone?

I put the eggs in the incubator on February 16 and kept the temperature at 99.5 the whole time. I filled the compartments in my still air little giant incubator every other day until day 18 then I filled the water compartments every day. I did lock down my incubator until today because none of the chicks piped yet so I decided to candle them and saw that none of them internally piped yet. I have an auto turner and I ran the incubator and turner for 12 hours before I put my eggs in to make sure they worked and to make sure the incubator maintained its temperature.

As i said it is my first time incubating eggs so I tried to get everything perfect.:/

I put the eggs in the incubator on February 16 and kept the temperature at 99.5 the whole time. I filled the compartments in my still air little giant incubator every other day until day 18 then I filled the water compartments every day. I did lock down my incubator until today because none of the chicks piped yet so I decided to candle them and saw that none of them internally piped yet. I have an auto turner and I ran the incubator and turner for 12 hours before I put my eggs in to make sure they worked and to make sure the incubator maintained its temperature.

Do you know what model Little Giant you have? I'm assuming not a digital? Still air incubators need to be 101-102F with the temps taken at the tops of the eggs. I'm also assuming you do not have a hygrometer to monitor humidity? If my assumptions are correct, my conclusions would be, temps too low and humidity too high.
Also, if you set Thursday the 16th, tomorrow is your day 21. You don't count the day you set.

If it was forced air temperature is correct if not temp should have been 101º F to 102º F at the top of the eggs. You should have monitored the humidity from day one to day 18 at roughly 40% then raised it to 70% humidity. So temperatures could have been to low and humidity was probably to high the first 18 days. Due to hatch Thursday maybe Friday due to low temperature but humidity may have ruined this hatch.

Your assumptions were correct. Thank you so much! :yiipchick I was really worried! I will change the temp and try to change the humidity. Thanks for telling me that I got the days wrong. I will pay attention to all of these things next time! Thanks again:lol:

I don't think the hatch was ruined though I have seen the eggs move today. Idk if that means anything let me know if it does

Maybe all will be alright but if humidity was to high they could still drown on you. But if you get lucky all could be alright, I'm pulling for a good hatch. Let us know what happens tomorrow or Friday.

Back
Top Bottom