Help day 25 6eggs not pipped

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by spamee34, May 10, 2009.

1. spamee34

spamee34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    East Texas
    :rolleyes:ok everyone my first hatch was due on the 6th and I have three chicks but out of 9!So since today is the 25th day I cracked open where air bubble is on one of the eggs and guess what A CHICK! So what do I do now will it hatch since I cracked it and what should I do if the others don't pip either how long should I wait or did I do the right thing ? Did I mention this is my first hatch![​IMG]

2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I don't know what to tell you, maybe because it is day 25 it will have matured enough to survive, I hope so. Keep the others in the bator, keep the humidity around 60-70%. Maybe your temps were low, so they are late to hatch?

Good Luck [​IMG]

3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    If there are still veins in the egg, I have heard use a warm moist towel but... anyway candle the eggs to see if there is a chick in the other eggs. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
  4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Oh and just a note. I never crack open my left over eggs, I candle, and if I don't see movement or I see too much free space, I just toss 'em.... That is if I am on day 24 or later. I prefer not to know. And a lot of times the eggs that don't hatch, didn't for a reason, the 1 I helped once had a severe leg deformity, and Hubby had to Cull it, so now I just let nature take it's course, and toss the left over eggs after day 25.

5. spamee34

spamee34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    East Texas
    ok , this is what I did I sit the cracked egg up but I think it's gone no movement so oh well when I started this thing I told myself first time not sure of bator ability so if 1 hatches I will be lucky and I got three ! [​IMG]
    SO I candled the other five and two had just the geginnings nothing else so I culled them and three look as if they have a chick in them so I will wait one more day and cull em too and enjoy my new peeps! Oh and I just wanted to say I had one chick that hatched and she still has the egg skin attached to her I don't guess it will hurt she is beginning to fluff a little and she seems healthy maybe it will sluff off !
    Thanx alot ya'll for ur help![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by