Help? Day 30 on healthy egg and no pip

Wicked Storm

Songster
Aug 10, 2019
Hi all! I know this is a common question. I’ve been incubating eggs for several years now and have hatched a few eggs this year already with more on the way. I’ve had a 100% hatch rate since I’ve started however this one duck egg(mallard) has had good movement and development for the past 28 days. It is now day 30 not much movement and no peeping. There’s some white spots on the wrong side of the egg and i was wondering if maybe it tried to come out of the wrong end? All the other eggs are still developing well. Should I intervene?

Hi all! I know this is a common question. I’ve been incubating eggs for several years now and have hatched a few eggs this year already with more on the way. I’ve had a 100% hatch rate since I’ve started however this one duck egg(mallard) has had good movement and development for the past 28 days. It is now day 30 not much movement and no peeping. There’s some white spots on the wrong side of the egg and i was wondering if maybe it tried to come out of the wrong end? All the other eggs are still developing well. Should I intervene?
Picture of the “white spots” please?

7A4443F7-DD22-4EB3-AC20-A41A37168286.jpeg
The picture doesn’t do it the best justice but my lighting isn’t too well but you can see the white spots a little bit that I’ve noticed before hatching on my eggs but it’s on the wrong end
@JustAChickenLoverOverHere

Back
Top Bottom