HELP: Dead or not Dead?

WM13

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2021
Would anyone be able to explain if it’s dead? There’s this brown-ish/yellowish spot. And the texture is getting dark. I see no sign of movement when candling.

Attachments

• E44D3F7D-7E2A-4A7A-8E54-3395699D7872.jpeg
    E44D3F7D-7E2A-4A7A-8E54-3395699D7872.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 13
What day did you put it in the incubator? Just count from there and you will know how old it is.
I got the egg from a store and have no information. If go by that principle, 9th day? I highly doubt that its actual age?

I got the egg from a store and have no information. If go by that principle, 9th day? I highly doubt that its actual age?
You count how many days it was in the incubator, not the day it was laid. Older eggs are less likely to hatch, so the fresher it is when it goes in the incubator the better, but when someone asks what day an egg is on, they mean in the incubator.

You count how many days it was in the incubator, not the day it was laid. Older eggs are less likely to hatch, so the fresher it is when it goes in the incubator the better, but when someone asks what day an egg is on, they mean in the incubator.
I see. Thanks for the info. First timer here.

I think it could be a bruise from a chick malpositioned. It may not be dead.
Does it stink?
Nope, not at all. I did the float test and the big end is above the water, while, the narrow end is pointing download. Did a quick check on the past Saturday and saw a duck head figure. However, can’t see anything today.
Image from the recent Saturday.

My first time doing this, advice is appreciated

Attachments

• D0D5AE3B-0C24-45F0-8D35-D47F3E5B838C.jpeg
    D0D5AE3B-0C24-45F0-8D35-D47F3E5B838C.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom