Help Determining Breed and Sex of Chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by anmalg14, May 1, 2017.

1. anmalg14

anmalg14 Just Hatched

May 1, 2017
    Georgia
    Hello,

Newbie chicken owner here. I have purchased a group of chicks from mypetchicken.com They are all supposed to be female and brown egg layers. There were a couple that I was hoping to have help in determining the breed?

There are two that look very similar below except one's brown and light tan stripes seem to be more wide than the other. First 3 pictures of one bird. They are all 4 weeks old now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second bird with slightly smaller stripes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last Breed ID: (Medium/Dark Brown Chick)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally- Could you tell me if you think this Barred Rock is a Pullet or Cockerel? They are supposed to be sexed female but I know how that goes... seems like he/she has some rooster traits?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    leg shot:
    [​IMG]

when he/she was 3 days old:
    [​IMG]

Thank you SO much in advance. Let me know if you need more pictures. =)

2. OmahaChicks

OmahaChicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2016
    Your first two chicks look like Welsummer or Partridge Rock maybe. The third looks like a Rhode Island Red. Your barred rock I'm not sure. It doesn't look like a for sure cockerel, but they're not a breed I have experience with.

3. Flufferes

Flufferes Poke

Apr 30, 2017
    back from Bacontopia
    I think the barred rock is a pullet, but i could be wrong. She might have a headstart in growth, my buff orpington did the same thing. You will know for sure when they are 4 months old, but some people here on BYC can tell earlier.

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    First two look like Partridge rocks, the third looks like a RIR or Production red, and the BR I think still has a chance of being a pullet.

5. anmalg14

anmalg14 Just Hatched

May 1, 2017
    Georgia
    Thank you all so much for your help!! Fingers crossed for all or mostly pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by