Help diagnosing (video) Chicken cough/sneaks/sore throat?

ioz

In the Brooder
Oct 8, 2021
Hi All,

Below is a video of what my chicken is doing constantly. Shes about 1 1/2 years old and start doing this about ever 10-15 seconds. When we first noticed it we seperated her and gave her some pet rx. she has never acted sick/lethargic. its been 2 weeks now and she does this constantly. the rest of the flock seems fine.

We gave her fenbendazole (de-wormer) 3 days ago. (3 doses one each day) and now we're waiting to see if it was possibly gapeworm and hopefully this can get rid of it. I'm now at the point where im getting pretty desperate. a) it looks uncomfortable for her b) shes making too much noise. So i figured I'd record it and show it here to see if anyone has seen this before. Thanks for any feedback.

What dose of Fenbendazole did you give her?

Check to make sure that her crop is emptying completely overnight and that she has no mucous, obstruction or lesions inside of her beak.
we gave her 160mg each dose for 4 days in a row, (my wife reminded me that we did a 4th day)

I'll check those things, thanks!

Did you make sure to shake it well? It is a suspension, and settles out. How does her crop feel now? Check it once again early in morning before she eats or drinks anything. Those movements can be adjusting the crop, but gapeworm, which is a more rare type of worm, could be possible. I would treat for a 5th day as well.

Did you make sure to shake it well? It is a suspension, and settles out. How does her crop feel now? Check it once again early in morning before she eats or drinks anything. Those movements can be adjusting the crop, but gapeworm, which is a more rare type of worm, could be possible. I would treat for a 5th day as well.
We dosed her again (5th time). It's a powder. We just combine it with a few drops of oil and put it on a small piece of bread for her.

Back
Top Bottom