1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help!!! Did I ruin it????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by love-my-wolves, Jun 10, 2008.

1. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Ok, right now just started day 18. I went to put my 6 EEs into their egg carton, and add the water/towel to up humidity.

AND THERE WAS A PIP!!!!!! OMG!!!! I quickly put them into the carton and did my stuff, boy was I running!!! Must've took 3 seconds. Did I hurt the chick???? Will it hatch still, ya think?? I know, its just best to wait and see, but has anyone done this before??? Thanks y'all!! Steph

2. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Everything will be just fine. Its happened to me before and I have always had good hatches and healthy babies. Good luck.

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Look, don't panic, I hatch 300-600 chicks a month and heck, I miss a few now and again. I've even had them hatch in the incubator thinking I had ALL of them transferred to the hatcher. It happens,just make sure to watch that the membrane doesn't dry up around the chick.

4. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Ok, thanks everyone!!! I never thought I'd have a pip on day 17!!! Wow, is that baby anxious to come out!! [​IMG] Steph

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by