HELP!! Did my Guinea Hatch Early or Was I Told Wrong?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by bigspringshatchery, Aug 26, 2010.

1. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    I had two the hatched this morning and its the 26th day. I just put them on lockdown last night. I know i seen two charts on the internet that said 26-28 days but i seen more than that that said 28, so how do i really know how long. bc last night 4 out of the 6 was already cracking thru. will they be ok? these are i first guinea that ive hatched myself. i know the temp was right it was 99.1

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    I've read on the guinea thread that a lot of people will do lockdown on day 23 because they have a lot of guineas hatch on day 24 or day 25. So, I think you're right on track. [​IMG]

3. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    So even tho I jus put them on lockdown last night. They will be ok

4. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Yep.

5. fgdiii

fgdiii Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Rustburg
    My experience is 25 to 27 days and seldom do I have any hatch after that. I oftne find one to hatch earlier than 24 and I find it when I go to put them in lock down. They will should be fime. I may get a splay leg from time to time but a band aid will fix that. Good luck!

6. cgmccary

cgmccary Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    NE Alabama
    I just hatched some under two (chicken) hens, and it took 26 days. (I saw the same chart 26-28 days).

7. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    i usually set 100's at a time and put mine in the hatcher on day 24, sometimes i have a few pips when i do.

[​IMG]

8. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Quote:Wow, really that many?? [​IMG] What do you do with them, sell them? I can't seem to sell diddley around here. [​IMG]

9. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Quote:Wow, really that many?? [​IMG] What do you do with them, sell them? I can't seem to sell diddley around here. [​IMG]

I sell them for 2.00 each on weekends only and they must buy at least 10 that way i can move them fast and not have to deal with selling all threw the week.

I do the same with my chicks but i sell them for .75 cents each and some people buy 100's at a time, they are usually gone the first day.

[​IMG]

10. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    That's wonderful that you do so well. [​IMG] Your doggie is so pretty in that pic. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by