Help , Dizzy Turkey?????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by scottfarm, Jun 19, 2011.

1. scottfarm

scottfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    MILL CREEK, WV
    Ok, We Just Traded Some Chickens For A Few Turkeys..

The Problem Is An Adult Gobbler, Keeps Going In Left Circles... Big Circles Then Small , Then He Falls Down ... He Does Not Seem To Be Blind, He Is Not Running Into Things????.. Where We Got Him , They Were In A Small Building Maybe 8 X 10.. 10 Foot Roof...

We Have Wormed Him And His Mate , The Female Has No Symptoms...has Anyone Heard Of This And How Can I Help Him....

Help , I Feel So Bad For Him...

2. stargirl

stargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    UK
    I'm sorry, I have no idea but thought it might be worth bumping this in case anyone missed it.
    How is he today? Any change?

3. scottfarm

Jun 25, 2010
    MILL CREEK, WV
    We Just Got Him Today, And There Has Been Some Improvment... Thanks , Now He Is Just Standing Rellly Still, Like He Is Frozen Dead.. Very Strange...

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I know that some turkeys when they are poults can get wry neck, and if they grow out of it it can reoccur during times of stress. Try adding some vitamins to his water, especially vit E.

5. scottfarm

Jun 25, 2010
    MILL CREEK, WV
    Thank You For Replying, But Mother Nature Took Care Of Him Last Night, No More Suffering Or Wondering.. Rip Ol Buddy

6. stargirl

stargirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    UK
    Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hope the rest stay happy and healthy! x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by