HELP!!! does my chicken have the flu?!?!?!?!

luvzmychickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 17, 2010
my Australorp is a little over a year, since about 2 months after she first started laying she has this cycle type thing about every 2-3 months. SYMPTOMS: lying down all the time, not alert, her cone becomes pale, and her but becomes filthy to the point were it covers her hole. (her eggs have always been big compared to my other eggs, and she has never layed consistantly) the first 4 or 5 times this happened were pretty sure she had an egg brake inside of her, after a few days she would be fine... But now she has had all of the usuall symptoms but also new ones, slightly runny nose, she is now skin and bones (she is normaly pretty fat), she cant stand for more than 30 sec. if that, we are having to force feed her because she has no strength to eat or drink, and since this morning she has been off and on weezing, and burning up. does anyone no what is wrong with her?!?!?! i dont want to put her down till i know there is nothing i can do, but i cant take her to a vet and pay 45$ just to find out she needs to have a 200$ surgury, i love her but i just dont have that kind of money for a chicken
sad.png

sounds like a respiratory infection to me

treat with a broad spectrum anti-biotic (i recommend GSE as an anti-biotic but you might need something more)

then if that doesn't work treat for mites/lice and worms

pretty sure its the first one tho.

Back
Top Bottom