Help! Does this look like cocci?

Sep 3, 2020
I have two bantam chicks both 7-week old and have been completely healthy until I checked their brooder this morning and saw several small piles of fresh blood and one pile of mucus type poop with blood along with it as well. They are always in the brooder except for a few hours a day for the last week I have been letting them outside on the grass in a small pen. I just rushed out and got corid and have started their treatment already. Weird thing is, now they have been pooping totally normal since this morning and show no other symptoms of cocci other than the bloody poop. Can anyone who has been through this help confirm it's cocci? I keep the brooder super clean and they always have only fresh water and food. I just want to make sure I am treating them for the correct thing. Thanks in advance. I absolutely love these two and would be heart-broken if I were to lose either one, I've had them since day-olds and am already super attached to both of them.
20210629_103050.jpg
20210629_103044.jpg
20210629_103054.jpg

It probably is, and I would continue to treat them accordingly. Cocci symptoms don’t always present and not in every poop. But yours have the classic symptoms - mucus like poop and blood. You’re doing the right thing - it seems like you’ve caught it early. If one has it, they probably all do and even unaffected birds will not be harmed by Corid. Once treated they will slowly develop immunities to whatever strain you have in your particular area.

Okay Thanks so much!!!
It probably is, and I would continue to treat them accordingly. Cocci symptoms don’t always present and not in every poop. But yours have the classic symptoms - mucus like poop and blood. You’re doing the right thing - it seems like you’ve caught it early. If one has it, they probably all do and even unaffected birds will not be harmed by Corid. Once treated they will slowly develop immunities to whatever strain you have in your particular are

Back
Top Bottom