HELP Dont know what to do with my roo

moosey109

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 30, 2008
So i have two separate pens, one has silkies, polish top hats, and a turken. The other pen has larger chickens, various kinds. My roo keeps having his way with the ladys and the silkies are so pretty that i dont want them to lose their feathers and they keep screaming when he has his way and i feel awful. If there any way i can stop him? I want to breed him in the spring so i can hatch the eggs but until then what should i do? If i put him in with the larger ladys will he still do that. they are like 3 times his size. PLEASE GIVE ADVICE!

The larger ladies may have a better chance but it might work if you can make him his own make shift pen. He definately won't be happy about it, but the ladies will. You might also check into hen saddles.

If you can, put him in a separate pen. If not, move him in with the big birds. Your bantam hens will be very grateful.

wink.png

I will try putting him in with the bigger ladys since I dont think it is possible for him to have is way with them. If he starts trying to have his way (which is like impossible) do you think he will eventually give up?

Back
Top Bottom