Help don't know what to do

Patty496

Hatching
Jul 14, 2016
Something got in my chicken pin night before last and killed all but 3 of my month old chick's. But one of the 3 can not stand up or walk just lays on its side it can sit up if leaning on nesting box it is eating and drinking and will flap wing and move legs to move across pin. Please help I don't know what to do

Spoke with the vet yesterday all he said was it would be dead by dark but it's not. No wounds or injury I can see not even missing a feather

Make it a little chick chair or roll a towel in a circle to get the chick upright. Put food and water near enough to reach. Make sure it gets water with vitamins and electrolytes, and add a little chopped egg and plain yogurt to food for probiotics and extra protein. Time will tell if the chick will survive or not. It could have internal injuries not visible, but if not it may do okay with some extra care. Chicks that age are just so easily hurt, but I hope your chick makes it. Please make sure that nothing can get into your coop by searching for any openings. I would keep them locked up for awhile, and set a trap for whatever got in.

6612_chick_chair.jpg
LL
LL
59765_pp.jpg
47386_dixie_slung_09-19-2010_2.jpg

Make it a little chick chair or roll a towel in a circle to get the chick upright. Put food and water near enough to reach. Make sure it gets water with vitamins and electrolytes, and add a little chopped egg and plain yogurt to food for probiotics and extra protein. Time will tell if the chick will survive or not. It could have internal injuries not visible, but if not it may do okay with some extra care. Chicks that age are just so easily hurt, but I hope your chick makes it. Please make sure that nothing can get into your coop by searching for any openings. I would keep them locked up for awhile, and set a trap for whatever got in.
Very good idea, and effective too!

Back
Top Bottom