Help! Drake problems

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tripp P, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Tripp P

Tripp P Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2012
    Near auburn alabama
    I have one runner duck hen that gets too loved by my khaki drakes and she is starting to get scabs on her neck and her wings
    I thought about moving the two drakes that are in love with her
    I really need help with this

2. Either seperate the drakes from her, or move her somewhere to recover -- sounds like she needs a break. Poor ducky! If you have too many drakes you might want to rehome one, just to make it easier on all the ducks.

3. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

I have the same issue, butt its with the mallards that have become pretty much wild, they did a ariel attack on her today, they just flew in and landed on her, then somehow the 2 malards where on top of each other and the drake runner was in there, it was a ball of ducks humping! So i had to go and break them up, im decideing to make the 2 female runners stay in the cage during the day until the mallards cool off, or until the females feathers start to grow back. I feel bad for them :(

4. Tripp P

Tripp P Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2012
    Near auburn alabama
    Ok thanks but I didnt think this would happen because they have all been living together for about a year :/ :/

5. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine havent even made it to one year yet, in june and july they will all be one. But im sure its just hormones. if you dont want to rehome any you can get another female.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by