1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help..Duck ate pantyhose???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DaftaboutDucks, Jun 3, 2011.

1. DaftaboutDucks

DaftaboutDucks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    Ontario
    Three of our Rouen babies(6 weeks old) have Angel Wing. So after reading up on treatment we tried the pantyhose method last night. This morning we found that one had slipped the pantyhose off and we can't find it in the brooder. What should we do. Was thinking of dosing them all with olive oil to help the passage. Oh what to do??? We weren't thinking that they might eat it. I don't know where my head was at.........[​IMG] I feel really bad. [​IMG] Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. DaftaboutDucks

DaftaboutDucks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2011
    Ontario
    Well now don't I feel silly...[​IMG]...but really really relieved!!! I found the pantyhose......on the duck that I thought slipped it .......just was under his feathers. It's dark brown to hopefully to prevent the only one that didn't have the pantyhose on from pecking @ the others. So I removed all the pantyhose for now.....maybe the vet wrap would be better.(it's purple)lol I think perhaps I'm in dire need of more sleep???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by