HELP DUCK EMERGENCY

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by royalducky101, Mar 19, 2017.

1. royalducky101

royalducky101 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2017
    Alabama
    CAN SOMEONE HELP

I have a baby duck that is 5 weeks old i believe that it is a fawn white. It will not straighten it's head it's head just kinda hangs down on the ground and to eat or drink it turns it head completely upside down if you set him down he runs in a very fast circle and then falls over the rest of my baby ducks are ok they turn there head over on its side to look up at me but this one just hangs down all the time... is there something I can do to help him he just looks so miserable ?? Has anyone else ever seen or heard of anything like this before? :hit:hit[​IMG]

2. fellapoodle

fellapoodle New Egg

Mar 19, 2017
    did you hatch them yourself? if you did do you happen to know if the egg was smaller than the others, when this happens the duck gets cramped inside of the egg and causes problems, so I really don't know what to tell you just telling you this so you know what you are talking about when you ask someone else so they have an idea

Ducks106 likes this.
  3. royalducky101

Feb 23, 2017
    Alabama
    No i got him from TSC but that may ne what's wrong with him, if it is from his egg does he get better or do i cull him ?

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I would not cull him.

It looks like a B vitamin deficiency, and that can be fixed.

Please read https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/761308/peking-duckling-with-crooked-neck-help

Please also join us on the Duck Forum.

And start the little one on B Complex vitamins. Use the amount of B3, niacin, in the vitamin to figure out how much water to add it to. You want 150 mg of B3 per gallon of drinking water. It is okay for the other duckling(s) to drink.

Often, it is just a matter of days for the ducklings to show signs of improvement.

5. royalducky101

Feb 23, 2017
    Alabama
    Thank you

how do i find the duck thread?

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
  7. royalducky101