HELP..! Duck laid first egg and then it's got slimy poop

jendarwin

Songster
Dec 24, 2016
Our Pekin duck is 18 weeks old.. and laid her first tini egg two days back.. she hasn't laid then.. but seems to be cranky.. quacking a lot.. eating frequently and has slimy white thick poop.. she eats and drinks well.. I'm just scared and concerned if these are signs of prolapse..? She's not showing any mating interest or signs in these last two days.. her vent seems to be bulge and heavy.. while I try to carry her..
Looking for advices and help .. kindly help me
1f613.png
Please

Hi, I appreciate yor concern. At this point we don't know much, of course. This could be within the range of normal, so let's watch and develop a plan.

When my Runners started to lay, all sorts of thing went on.

Lots of quacking, pulsing, large vents, lots of hop on top, tiny eggs, slimy white discharge, just a real interesting time.

For today, I would ask what her feed is including snacks. Is she getting layer feed and since when? Is she getting free choice oyster shell and since when? How many in the flock? Drakes?

Weather there? Swim pool? Bedding?

Is she very friendly toward you or other people?

I have loads going on here, will check back as able.

Thanks for thinking of me.

That's so kind of you amiga.. I just have one female n one drake.. that are happy indoor ducks.. m not sure what is layer feed.. Their favourite are boiled eggs and chicken to eat.. worms as well I also given them few mixed seeds that I get from the local market for birds nearby.. they contain wheat,green gram,corn and peas white and red seeds.. I started giving them watermelons
1f349.png
these days.. water with niacin.. and today I added some tumeric to her food as I read some wer tumeric is good for them.. and has lettuce at times.. I have kept oyster shells for her but she doesn't go next to it..
the weather here is hot and humid.. they go out in the evenings but never in the morning.
They swim and spend allot of time in our bath tubs.. they have towels as bedding that is changed everyday..
She loves me pamper her.. specially before bed.. she rests her head on my chest and enjoys messages .. however the drake is more friendlier than her.. she does not let anyone else next to her apart from me.

Back
Top Bottom