HELP! DUCK POND!

kaythlin

Chirping
Oct 28, 2017
okay so yesterday i was cleaning out the pond and i found some kind of animal that rapidly produced i'm pretty sure its mosquito larvae but i'm not sure. I want it to become a safe environment for my ducklings and i'm not sure it is. As we speak my ducks are still swimming in it i have blue Swedish ducks both adult one boy and one girl.
SO any advice on getting rid of them? I've been considering fish but i don't have any filter or pump, and don't plan in getting one. Are there any good type of fish for the pond my ducks don't really use the pond and are calm don't seem to be amused by something moving in the water like fish i just hope they don't eat. my pond is a half circle with only a crescent like being the actual pond and the inner circle is a little island.
what are good fish for this and my pond is regularly clean i empty out and refill very often like a fish tank should be cleaned. and in that case i would take out the fish in a separate bowl.

My duckies eat anything in the water, And moskito larvae are harmless, Theres 1000s of other bugs it could be but most likily is moskitos

Simplest fix is change all the water and scrub the pool (bug eggs can stick to the bottom and sides)

Iam racking my brain to find something we could put in the water and not hurt the ducks but kill bugs.

Back
Top Bottom