Help duck with a problem

Yvonne37894

Songster
11 Years
Jul 13, 2009
Live Oak, FL
My 3 year old Drake has not been doing his job with the 4 ducks. I've noticed that he has, what I though was poop hanging off of him.
So I picked him up and his penis is hanging out. I cut away all the feathers that it could touch. It appeared to be caught in some of the feathers. After a few, I no longer see it dangling.
Do I need to do anything else. Maybe I should of pulled the feather out, he now has a stubble around the cloaca.

My 3 year old Drake has not been doing his job with the 4 ducks. I've noticed that he has, what I though was poop hanging off of him.
So I picked him up and his penis is hanging out. I cut away all the feathers that it could touch. It appeared to be caught in some of the feathers. After a few, I no longer see it dangling.
Do I need to do anything else. Maybe I should of pulled the feather out, he now has a stubble around the cloaca.

Have you done any other internet research? I've never heard of something like this happening. Maybe try and post here....in emergencies.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Penis prolapse. :( you want to isolate him away from the girls, so that he can rest his penis. He can die from it, I think. You want the corkscrew part back in where it belongs, sometimes people have used a small amount of lubricant (Neosporin, olive oil). It's very important that he does not mate while it heals.

Back
Top Bottom