Help duck with open wound

Jaredvheck

In the Brooder
May 1, 2016
I jusy noticed this on my on female duck..she seems fine but I jusy happen to see this..

Is this her vent?

She needs a vet. She could have a prolapse. That is a serious injury.

Get her into a tub of lukewarm water and clean that off really well. Spray with Vetericyn or saline solution, keep her in, away from flies.

Please join us on the Duck Forum.

@Jaredvheck

You say it's her belly but there shouldn't be any type of opening on her belly. Also if it's her vent then it's not on her belly and also shouldn't look like that.

What other symptoms does she have? What was she doing prior?

She was being her normal self. I just happened to see a little spot of blood and checked it out. She's walking eating and drinking.

Yes blue kote from a while ago that didn't get off yet. Ok we are going to take her to the vet tomorrow if we can find one tonight..how much should I be expecting to pay.

I had a similar problem and though it would never heal.. I used purple spray and wound powder twice a day.. it heeled up nicely in the end.

Good luck

The only ver we would find in the area said he couldn't do anything to the wound it self. But gave usome pain and antibiotics because the skin is infected. Any other helpful tips to aid in healing fast.

Back
Top Bottom