HELP!!! DUCKLING TROUBLE!!

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
OMG!!

One of my duck eggs hatched but the baby's butt is stuck to all this ugly red & yellow & vein crap! What can I do?!?!? Will he die? He hatched all by himself but it looks like his butt is attached to this blood & gore stuff! Is it fatal? He looks alive...not hyper but alive.

Is he gunna die? I really need a diagnosis ASAP!!

I'm so scared b/c I don't know if any others are going to hatch and I'd feel really bad b/c promised my little cousin I'd let him hold one if any hatch!

Last edited:
DON'T touch it. Hopefully he absorbed the yolk mostly and, if so and this is what I think it is, this just needs to dry up. Just leave him alone, don't put him with others that will mess with it and let it dry up.

Last edited:
21337_p1010248.jpg

Hmmm...did you help it out at all? The membrane looks awful bloody/veiny still for him to have hatched out.

My concern is just that he possibly didn't absorb his yolk, yet and was not ready to come out. I'd just wait and see, but let him be, personally.

He seems lively flapping, peeping, kicking his legs, and blinking almost constantly...how long should I leave him there before I help?

Back
Top Bottom