Help! Duckling with wound on head!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CracyLee, Mar 19, 2013.

1. CracyLee

CracyLee New Egg

Mar 12, 2012
    I work at a feed store, and yesterday I received a shipment of 50 ducklings. When I put them into their temporary home I noticed one of them had a small brown smudge on his head. I thought it was just a lil ducky poo from shipment, but when my co-worker went to wipe him off, she noticed there was actually a little hole there. We separated him for his safety, and put one of the smallest runts in with him so he wouldn't get too lonely. I put "PoultryAid" on the spot and he seems to be doing ok. But it still looks pretty bad. Is there anything else I should do for him? Any ideas what it is? Is it a worm?
    I looked through some books and couldn't really find anything that matched up with this lil guy.
    Thanks in advance to anyone with ides for me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Personally I wouldn't worry to much. Mine have looked that before and it was a just a small wound. Looks like it may have gotten a little infected. Just clean it off with some peroxide or something and keep antibiotics on it . Good Luck!

3. CracyLee

CracyLee New Egg

Mar 12, 2012
    Thank You! [​IMG]

4. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Not at all! Let us know how things turn out!

5. CracyLee

CracyLee New Egg

Mar 12, 2012
    will do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by