HELP! Ducks are dying during lockdown and I've only got one alive one left!!!!

CreamBruelle

Chirping
Sep 26, 2016
I'm needing some help. A few weeks ago I put 45 Silkie eggs in lockdown in my incubator I use for hatching. A couple days ago I put 7 call duck eggs I need the hatcher and I candled them today and 6 are dead?!!!??!! I have a humidifier make specifically for incubators and a hygrometer in the incubator. I don't have a thermometer in there at the moment but the incubator has been staying at a steady 99.5 temp. Why did the ducks die?

So what day are the ducks on? If you have no thermometer in there and they suddenly died my guess is a temp spike.

They are on day 25. Before I candled them they felt cool. I've had others died with over heating of the incubator and they felt hot compared to these

They are on day 25. Before I candled them they felt cool. I've had others died with over heating of the incubator and they felt hot compared to these

Thanks for clarifying, I was a little confused since in your first post you said you put them in a couple days ago but now I see you meant in the hatcher a couple days ago :)

I'd put a thermometer in there at least and see what it says, just to check. Let me also tag a friend who hatches a lot of calls and see if she can help.

@RavynFallen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom