HELP!!!DUCKS NOT QUACKING!

Quackers3211

Songster
May 18, 2018
I recently adopted 8 ducks that the owner was giving away for free. The ducks had no pool just a small dish of water and the ground was dirt. They are not quacking and when I looked at their poop it was dirt in small amounts of water. I have given them two plastic pools one deep enough for them to dive in and added organic apple cider vinegar and colloidal silver to it. I have also given them a little plastic bowl of feed. They seem to be running around and swimming just fine. Can anyone give me advice on what to do? They are currently quarantined from my other ducks. Please help I’ve never had this problem before. The breeds are mixed but there is a pekin, 1 welsh harlequin mix, 4 Rouens some with tuffs and two unknown black ones with tuffs ( not Indian runners) the last owner said that they are 3 months old.

Yes, I can kinda hear some normal duck noises from them but most just this weird raspy sound. It’s not the sound a drake makes. It sounds like their voices have gone hoarse.

They also haven’t eaten any of the food I have set out. The previous owner may have fed them but like I said their stool only had dirt clumps mixed in with a little water. They haven’t left their pool this whole time. They where so thirsty, they just sat and drank for awhile.

*UPDATE*
The Ducks did not leave their pool all night. They also still haven’t eaten and continue to be unable to actually quack or make any proper duck nosies.

I have drakes and none of them sound like this. A few of the ducks managed to squeak out a quack like sound when I first got them and they where still freaked out from the car ride.

I do not know how to post photos.
My other ducks have a coop but I didn’t want to get them sick Incase these ones are sick. They are currently in my backyard and their pen is right by my window. We don’t really have any issues with predators. I have gotten new ducks before and my ducks hatched their own and this problem has never occurred.

Back
Top Bottom