Help egg question!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RooptyDoo, Jan 12, 2009.

1. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I put my egg in the incubator last night. Do I turn them today or do I start tomorrow???? Also my humidity is 32 is that to low?

2. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    some one correct me if i am wrong but isn't the day you put the egg in day zero and you start turning the next day.

3. RooptyDoo

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    That is what I thought but I wasn't 100% sure.

4. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    My Sportsman turns every 3 hours from the time I set till I take the eggs out of the turner. I do high humidity hatches, but I think even if you weren't going to do a high humidity hatch that 32 is a little low. Try adding a sponge. What type of bator are you using?

5. RooptyDoo

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    I am using a LG.

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    When you put hatching eggs in the incubator before noon that is considered day one. If you set the eggs in the afternoons or evenings the next day is considered day one.

Yes you should turn the eggs today as day one. Your hand turning? So odd number of times a day. I turn 3 times when I hand turn.

I keep my humidity levels between 40 to 50% the first 18 days. 32 is not too terribly low but try to bring it closer to average. Everyone uses different humidity levels, what works for your hatch might not work with someone elses. my thoughts

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by