Help. Egg Turner needs new motor

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rain Rider, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Rain Rider

Rain Rider In the Brooder

May 17, 2009
    I have eggs on the way and my egg turner motor just bit the dust. Where is the cheepest place to get one? Or do I have to buy the egg turning kit? I don't mind hand turning the eggs for a few days waiting for one to ship, just don't want to do it for the whole time. My eggs get here Wed. Thanks in advance.

2. farmer_lew

farmer_lew Hi-Tech Redneck

Jun 29, 2010
    In the hills
    My advice is to buy/order a new one if you can. It would just be easier since you have eggs on their way, due to arrive soon.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Take the turner motor loose from the connecting rod an you can hand turn all of them at once using the connecting rod.

4. Rikoshe

Rikoshe In the Brooder

Mar 14, 2011
    Nevada
    I got a motor for my Little Giant egg turner on eBay for less money than from online stores.
    But eggcartons.com has egg turner motors also, and they are good to deal with. I bought replacement parts for my Little Giant incubator from them. It was a small order, I got free shipping.
    Hope this helps
    good luck with your hatch
    Rikoshe

5. Rain Rider

May 17, 2009
    To rebelcowboysnb; Thats a great temp salution!
    To Rikoshe; i'll look them up.
    Too bad they are designed in a way that they can be taken apart. my husband in a computer tech, and a great one. But even he said do not take it apart. A new turner at my TSC store is $60 So even $25 for a motor is worth it. Thanks every one!

6. Rain Rider

May 17, 2009
    Everything is working now. Yippy! Thanks every one. Now to get my eggs ordered. I'm Black, Blue and Splash Orpingtons. My dream is to someday raise the chocolate orpingtons. But this is my first year free ranging. (not having them in a stall in my barn, that was yuk) So this year will be a test run. I'm sure I'll have many more post to make as the year goes on.
    Edit To Add: The eggs I ordered arrived cracked. They were packed well, but we all know how the post office is.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: