1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Help, Egglaying nearly ceased. What to do?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Terrapene13, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Terrapene13

Terrapene13 In the Brooder

Sep 24, 2012
    Peach Bottom, PA
    I recently moved my girls from a huge country lot to a 200 square foot run in town. Since the move, egglaying has been less than 25% of what it normally is. I have 4 altogether, and get maybe an egg a day. Could the stress be contributing? Or perhaps their age? The oldest just recently turned 2...I can't imagine they're past their prime already. One girl may be molting. Is there anything I can do for them? Or do I simply wait it out?

2. MaggysEggsAidan

MaggysEggsAidan In the Brooder

Jul 17, 2013
    a two years old the likely hood is that they have gone of there lay for a little while. This is natural for a bid under stress and with some tlc from you and the occasional treat they should be laying again in no time, they just need to used to there surroundings. :)

3. MaggysEggsAidan

MaggysEggsAidan In the Brooder

Jul 17, 2013
    At two years old the likely hood is that they have gone of there lay for a little while. This is natural for a bird under stress and with some tlc from you and the occasional treat they should be laying again in no time, they just need to used to there surroundings. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by