Help - Eggs have incubated small end up

labelcherky

Chirping
Sep 10, 2015
First time hatching and I just realized the eggs were supposed to be small in down in the tray. It's day 16. What should I do? I'm afraid to turn them now and was considering taking them out of the turner and putting them flat ahead of lockdown.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

At this point, I'd place them on their sides, and continue hand turning until you lock them down. Where are the air cells now?

BTW, Hatching eggs 101 in the learning center is so full of useful information. I read it before every season of hatching, just to "bone up" on my knowledge base before I plug in my incubator. It will answer questions you didn't even know you had, and help prevent any such issues in the future.

At this point, I'd place them on their sides, and continue hand turning until you lock them down. Where are the air cells now?

BTW, Hatching eggs 101 in the learning center is so full of useful information. I read it before every season of hatching, just to "bone up" on my knowledge base before I plug in my incubator. It will answer questions you didn't even know you had, and help prevent any such issues in the future.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking too. The aircells are at the top.

I just candled and the air sacs are at the large end. I've taken them out of the turner. Any other advice or suggestions? Do I need to go ahead and pump up the humidity like an early lockdown?

I would turn them right side up in your turner for the next 2 days and then on lock down transfer them to an egg carton and hatch vertically.

During the last few days the chicks orient themselves the right way to internally pip the air cell. Hatching vertically pretty much guarantees they will pip in the right place. Secondly hatching in this manner doesn't allow the first few that hatch to play pin ball with the ones that haven't.

Back
Top Bottom