help! embryos seem stuck to shell

mefus

Hatching
Mar 3, 2016
so this is my first time hatching with an incubator have always used broodys before. so I've bought a brinsea mini advance fully digital,automatic turning. candled eggs day 4 all seemed ok developing nicely. I candled again today day 7 and embryos still developing but seem to be stuck to shell and don't rotate when I turn egg, I can clearly see air cell , then embryo in one half and other half is empty. will the embryos die? what will happen?

I can't really visualize what the egg looks like.
Could you post a picture
If you don't know how just click on the icon that looks like a mountain with the sun. And upload a picture

welcome-byc.gif
I have been playing since 2013 I just had to make a new account.

Are you sure it is stuck? Often when I am candling it appears that the chick is only on one side but not actually stuck to the shell. With the eggs being turned I would question how the chick stuck to the shell unless there was some sort of defect. Other than turning the egg (which you are already doing) there is really nothing else that you could do. I would leave it the way it is, and re-candle again on day 14. If it is still alive and growing leave it until lock down and see what happens.

Are you sure it is stuck? Often when I am candling it appears that the chick is only on one side but not actually stuck to the shell. With the eggs being turned I would question how the chick stuck to the shell unless there was some sort of defect. Other than turning the egg (which you are already doing) there is really nothing else that you could do. I would leave it the way it is, and re-candle again on day 14. If it is still alive and growing leave it until lock down and see what happens.
xs 2

If it really appears that they are sticking the first thing I would do is check the turner in the incubator and make sure that it's turning properly and turning all eggs. An egg that is being properly turned should not adhere to the side.

We just had this same discussion on the She Said/He Said thread where someone with the Brinsea Mini discovered it was not turning and someone else had the same problem in the past and had to hand turn. Feel free to pop over there and ask about it. (Link is in my sig.)

Hello, how long does it take for the chick to come out of the shell it's been 171/2 hours since I've seen the little hole and I can see the chick moving around and chirping. This is my first time doing this and I am very anxious.
Thank you

Hello, how long does it take for the chick to come out of the shell it's been 171/2 hours since I've seen the little hole and I can see the chick moving around and chirping. This is my first time doing this and I am very anxious.
Thank you
Sometimes it can take 24 hours or longer. Often around 18 hours if I am concerned I will make the pip a little bigger t o see if it appears to be ok and in a decent position, if so i put it back in make sure the humidity is up and wait until 24 before I start an assist. Find a you tube video with chicks chirping and play it beside the bator and see if that motivates them. Usually it'll get them moving.
wink.png
Especially if they are ready....

Sometimes it can take 24 hours or longer. Often around 18 hours if I am concerned I will make the pip a little bigger t o see if it appears to be ok and in a decent position, if so i put it back in make sure the humidity is up and wait until 24 before I start an assist.  Find a you tube video with chicks chirping and play it beside the bator and see if that motivates them. Usually it'll get them moving. ;)  Especially if they are ready....

Back
Top Bottom