help fast plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by creaturelife, Mar 6, 2014.

1. creaturelife

creaturelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    i got some chicks from a hatchery i have a little chick that make some kind of popping noise when it cherps or even try to breath and it will fall asleep in any position it is in i already lost 2 to this and i have another one that is geting it i am giving them vitamins but i dont know what else to do plz help this will be the 2nd batch of hatchery chicks that i have got that died i got some last year and the same thing happend if i dont have any of these live i m done with hatchery chicks

2. Proper HEAT, WATER, STARTER FEED and a DRAFT FREE area is about all you can do for chicks. If you want you can put a little sugar in the water to give them a little energy boost. Don't panick, it'll all work out.

Wish ya the best.

3. creaturelife

Jun 10, 2013
    poor little thing past last night none of the others are showing any signs some body told me to give them yogurt and i did and it seems to help i mixed it in with there feed now they all look good but no tell what today will bring i have lost 5 chicks to this what ever it plz let there be no more

4. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Popping and crinkling noises when they breathe and vocalize are indicative of air sac issues. These birds should not have come from a hatchery with respiratory problems. Could it be something they are picking up once they get to you since you report this has been a problem in the past? Where are they being housed? And what are their conditions like? What bedding is in use? Is the bedding old or moldy or excessively dusty? The major causes of airsaculitis are either disease (all pretty much non-treatable unfortunately) or exposure to mold/toxins (totally able to be fixed) . Are these birds being housed in the same brooder used by sick birds in the past? Are they in a place where mold is a problem? Any fumes from machinery? I'm grasping at straws here, but I would like to help you solve this mystery.

5. creaturelife

Jun 10, 2013
    well they are being housed in my brooding room that i brood the chick i hatch i m using news paper that i change every like i do all my brooder and they are in one of those blue tubs from Walmart i got told by some one to give them yogurt i did and guess what it has worked so far and i lost 2 on the way here and 2 the second night then another the 3rd night so far no more after i gave them yogurt

6. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    How old are they? Have you considered Coccidiosis as the possible cause?

7. creaturelife

Jun 10, 2013
    well i did 2 thing to help the chicks went from news paper to pine shavings and gave them yogurt one of the 2 worked

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by