HELP FAST!! the eggs are peeping....with pictures

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by spoolin, Apr 27, 2009.

1. spoolin

spoolin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    palm bay, FL
    alright guys, she got down from the nest, and left acouple of eggs(8) in there. is there any way i can hatch them? i dont have an incubator.
    thank you

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

She probably left them because there is no signs of life in them. I would toss them. My broody left 6 and none of them were viable.

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I am not an expert, and have never personally hatched eggs on my own, but I have heard that when the fertile eggs cool it slows/stops the growth of the chick so that the mama is able to sit on all her eggs and hatch them all at the same time after she has laid her last egg to sit on. So, she might still be laying more before she sets on her eggs. [​IMG] for an absolute certainty though. Hoping someone offers some additional insight for you. If not, maybe it just wasn't meant to be at this time for this hen?

Have you candled them to see if they are viable or not? How long has she been sitting on these eggs?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  4. spoolin

Mar 2, 2009
    palm bay, FL
    Quote:she hatched some babys and got down with the others. can i put them under a heat lamp or something? or take the babys away and put her in the nest again?

5. spoolin

Mar 2, 2009
    palm bay, FL
    alright guys. i took the eggs out and 3 of them are peeping!!!!! what do i do? do i put them under a heat lamp? or cover them in towels?hurry up guys fast....

6. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    try to keep them at 101 degrees and humidity about 65% Good luck.

7. spoolin

Mar 2, 2009
    palm bay, FL
    come on guys. i know you guys can help me! 2 of the eggs have little holes and they re peeping!

8. spoolin

Mar 2, 2009
    palm bay, FL
    Quote:but i dnot have an incubator.

9. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    maybe a heating pad on low with a few damp sponges and a box covering to try to get humidity up. Good luck.

10. spoolin

Mar 2, 2009
    palm bay, FL
    Quote:does the humidity really matter? what temperature?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by