Help! Fatigued chicken w/ foam in mouth! :(

bird sitter

Songster
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
The great state of Texas!
For the past two days my six month old polish pullet has been perching all day long, hardly getting up and moving and is having foam in her mouth...? PLEASE PLEASE help! She is one of my favorites :(

Have you added birds to your flock lately or been to a show? It sounds as if she may be coming down with a respiratory disease. Has her condition improved today?

Bad news! This morning I looked at her vent and there was a HUGE worm sticking out. I'm treating her for worms and is isolated, but the other birds seem to be completely fine! She's still always sleeping and is going downhill I'm afraid. Any help here?

Bad news! This morning I looked at her vent and there was a HUGE worm sticking out. I'm treating her for worms and is isolated, but the other birds seem to be completely fine! She's still always sleeping and is going downhill I'm afraid. Any help here?
Bring her inside where it's warm.

Keep her warm, under a light , inject poultry vitamins mixed with water under loose skin on her back to keep her hydrated. Try feeding scrambled egg....give a drop of kyro syrup in her mouth..... What are you worming her with?

Great news! When i pulled that first worm out it broke and went back in... :(... But heres the GOOD news! I made sure and gave her plenty of vitamins electolytes etc and she pooped the worm out! It was a good 7 inches long! Think tapeworm! Shes been flying around in the trees and scratching away :)

Great news! When i pulled that first worm out it broke and went back in... :(... But heres the GOOD news! I made sure and gave her plenty of vitamins electolytes etc and she pooped the worm out! It was a good 7 inches long! Think tapeworm! Shes been flying around in the trees and scratching away :)

You should worm your whole flock with Safeguard for Goats/Cattle at the rate of .5cc/kg (50mg/kg) by mouth and repeat in 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom