Help!!! Feet bumps and growths

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicky64, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Chicky64

Chicky64 New Egg

Jan 12, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What are these growths on my bantams? And how do I treat them? I purchased these girls recently and one of them has monster outs growths. :(

2. lismarc

lismarc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2014
    Southern Maryland
    poor thing.. Your bantam has scaly leg mites. Probably from her previous owners but you'll need to completely clean your coop. Change your bedding so the others don't get mites too. you can cover it's legs with Vaseline and apply everyday until its gone. Some people use Mineral Oil with good results. Search other threads for more info but with patience and perseverance your little "peep" will be fine.
    Might not be a bad idea to treat the others for a little while until you can clean their coop.... just to be on the safe side.

Hope I helped.

3. Chicky64

Chicky64 New Egg

Jan 12, 2014

4. Chicky64

Chicky64 New Egg

Jan 12, 2014
    Will the massive tag like things on her legs fall of or remain?

5. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    1 person likes this.
  6. lismarc

lismarc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2014
    Southern Maryland
    Yep, they sure will. The link posted in above post is great and will tell you all you need to know. I was still half asleep this morning when I replied to you.. it was PC = Pre Coffee. I was just to lazy (actually was still in bed) to look for it. [​IMG]

Keep us posted with your progress!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by