1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help figuring percentage of protien

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by knightie, Jul 19, 2012.

1. knightie

knightie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Okay, here is my think. I'm wanting to use some grain and stuff in with my commercial feed, I'm mixing 3 to 4 bags and I know the metzer feed calculator is out there but I'm looking more for some that I can tell it I hag 50 lbs of 28% 50 lbs of 20% and 100lbs of 12% and it tell me a percentage.... is that out there? Ive been looking but not found anything.

Edited to add: okay here is a miss understanding. I'm not asking what that mix gives me... I KNOW that I went through all sorts of cr....stuff to figure it out. I want to know if here is an app, or webpage or seething that can plug 4 or 5 or more amounts and %'s and have it give me the protien % instantly. No math by me required.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio

Quote: It's 18% protein.

Chris

3. Chris Herzog

Chris Herzog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    I agree with Chris09

50lbs 28%
    50lbs 20%
    50lbs 12%
    50lbs 12%
    = 72

72 / 4 = 18%

Chris

4. knightie

knightie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Hmm the post where I said that wasn't my question (id already figured that out) didn't show up. I want to know if someone has a webpage, or spreadsheet or app that will let you plug in the weights and proteins and it tells you in one step. I used metzers feed mixer but you can onlu pint in one weight and 2 proteins and then tell it what end protien you want. I wants something that I can plug in the weights and proteins of 4, 5 or more different ones. Surely someone has something!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by