1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

help finding Accurite Digital Thermometer w/Humidity Gauge and Clock

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by L*A*G*, Jan 14, 2009.

1. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
  2. tattooedchickenlady

tattooedchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Dinky Springs, la
    I found mine in the hardware/barometer section. It was waaaayyyyyy in the back with the outside thermometers and barometers and such. Past the water filters and toilet seats..... They have several with just temp or just humidity, and an expensive one with both, but hidden in there was a $7 accurite. So far mine hasn't given me problems, but this is only my second hatch with it.......

3. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    *L*A*G* :

here is one for $30.00 https://petsr4u.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ACCURITE00891
    but
    i heared that walmart had one for like $7.00 and I CAN'T FIND IT!!! [​IMG]
    I could use a little help finding it please [​IMG]
    I won't even use it alot and it sure would save a lot of money! [​IMG]
    Larra

I got mine at Walmart for $6 right before Christmas. Just be aware you have to put the stupid thing IN the bator. I thought the probe was reading humidity but it wasn't. The sensor's on the main unit.
    Good luck!
    -Spooky​

4. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Walmart has them in the hardware dept. On the ilse where air cleaners,humidifiers etc are. I had to ask 2 different people to finally find them

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
  5. ThePrissyHen

ThePrissyHen New Egg

Jan 10, 2009
    I just looked online and couldn't find one at walmarts website, but I Just bought mine in the walmart store over in the section with with rain gauges and yard items. It is a springfield precise temp, indoor thermometer with hygrometer. The box says digital humidity and temp. monitor. Are you near a walmart, you might can call and see if they have. The sku# of back is 7158903935.

6. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    wow! i got some choises [​IMG] [​IMG]
    please post prices.
    thanks,
    Larra

7. L*A*G*

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    Quote:I got mine at Walmart for $6 right before Christmas. Just be aware you have to put the stupid thing IN the bator. I thought the probe was reading humidity but it wasn't. The sensor's on the main unit.
    Good luck!
    -Spooky

where did u find it in walmart?

8. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    *L*A*G* :

Quote:I got mine at Walmart for $6 right before Christmas. Just be aware you have to put the stupid thing IN the bator. I thought the probe was reading humidity but it wasn't. The sensor's on the main unit.
    Good luck!
    -Spooky

where did u find it in walmart?​

In the aisle with the air filters and outside thermometers. I had to ask where they were.
    -Spooky

9. ThePrissyHen

ThePrissyHen New Egg

Jan 10, 2009
    The earlier post where I gave sku # of the box, that one does the humidity and temp and it cost $6.47 at walmart, but you do have to lay it inside the bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by