Help, first pip ever!! (5 days early)

LilDucky85

Songster
10 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Northern, Illinois
Im freaking out because this is my first hatch! My duck has pipped 5 days early, what do I do?? He is the giant egg out of the bunch. I came home today from shopping, and he was pipped! I wasnt sure if he was internally pipped for the past 2 days but this morning it looked as if he was breathing in the egg??

I just checked again a little while ago and he cracked it even more. The egg shell is broken but the layer wasnt broken yet, should I leave this or open it? It looks very dry. Can he breathe ok?

Ok good, because I would have no idea where to start. I just know of people breaking that membrane. I dont know if I should or just leave it. I just want to make sure it can breathe.

Has anyone had a duck hatch 5 days early? Im not even ready for it yet!! I thought I had 5 days!

Not much progress....it still hasnt even pipped the membrane. I hope it doesnt die, I have no clue whats going on at this point lol
fl.gif

Dad used to help them when they were not making progress and he did not let the membrane dry out...be careful with a light mist or dampen a q-tip and gently moisten (warm water). I'm no expert though, please repost in the emergency section, you need to hear from the pros. Sally

Back
Top Bottom