Help first rime Hatcher

DuckinghamPalace

In the Brooder
May 26, 2021
We have incubated 6 duck eggs, lastnight upon candelling on day 24 getting ready to lockdown, we could see that 5 had internally pipped. There had been no more activity so tonight we put safety holes in the 5 (6th one sadly looks underdeveloped and passed) and one of the 5 is thrashing about very strong.

we need to know where we go from here, do we assist if the ducklings still haven’t tried to externally pip tomorrow?

I won’t lie I’m terrified they will die, and it’ll break my heart.

All you have left to do is wait. How long have they been internally pipped?
Overnight we seem to have lost another one, it seems as though they were shrink wrapped. We also have one who has hatched, he’s still in incubator attached to a little yolk , but he seems weak. But making plenty of noise.
I fear they are all shrink wrapped due to it being our first rime and not getting everyrhibf right with regards to humidity
I have no idea what to do, feel super sad

Overnight we seem to have lost another one, it seems as though they were shrink wrapped. We also have one who has hatched, he’s still in incubator attached to a little yolk , but he seems weak. But making plenty of noise.
I fear they are all shrink wrapped due to it being our first rime and not getting everyrhibf right with regards to humidity
I have no idea what to do, feel super sad
Unsure how long internally pipped, but almost 48 hours now I would say

What is your humidity? Have any externally pipped? Here is a very good guide for assisted hatching: Guide to Assisted Hatching.
Humidity is 75.
The little one who hatched seems to be gaining strength, which has made us very happy.

I want to say Thankyou so much for the guide, we have used a little coconut oil on the membranes of the 3 remaining eggs as they are shrink wrapped also. They seem to be ok, as we are reluctant to dive right in as I wouldnt forgive myself if had a bleed out and lose another. We are continually monitoring the situation so we can assist when it’s the right time

Back
Top Bottom