HELP First time hatching! how can I tell ducks position massive saddle air sack & worried PICTURES

Pics

Duckiemomxx

Chirping
Feb 2, 2023
Had 4 shipped eggs 1 didn’t develop & 2 stopped growing day 10 & 12 so this is our last one 😭 anyway it’s had a massive saddle air cell- now seems to be pipping at the sac, is there any way I can tell if it’s in the correct position I can’t tell if the moving bit is it’s bill or wing/ leg. I’ll attach a picture
also any advice, I’ve upped the humidity incase it pips in the night, is it going to get tired keep piping at the cell like that?

Attachments

• 7D3728C1-624B-472D-A5AF-31A2A373F70F.jpeg
    7D3728C1-624B-472D-A5AF-31A2A373F70F.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 74
I can't make heads or tails of it. Did that seller really send you dirty eggs?
Is your incubator calibrated? It doesn't look developed enough yet.
Yes, I’ve read conflicting advise on wether to clean or not so I chose not to.
It’s a saddle air cell the pointy bit sticking out is what’s pushing out, clearly can see it moving when candling, we’re day 25 what makes you think it doesn’t look developed 😞

Same side of the egg one not pushing one pushing if that helps?

Attachments

• 2125A4E3-C402-4574-AB11-508A68D31398.jpeg
    2125A4E3-C402-4574-AB11-508A68D31398.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 20
  • 7571E274-D079-43AD-B51B-A53FEDFBEF23.png
    7571E274-D079-43AD-B51B-A53FEDFBEF23.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Yes, I’ve read conflicting advise on wether to clean or not so I chose not to.
It’s a saddle air cell the pointy bit sticking out is what’s pushing out, clearly can see it moving when candling, we’re day 25 what makes you think it doesn’t look developed 😞
Let's say it doesn't look as developed as it should be.
What breed of duck? What temperatures and humidity have you been running and are you sure of them?
A good seller wouldn't sell you dirty eggs. How where they packed?

Let's say it doesn't look as developed as it should be.
What breed of duck? What temperatures and humidity have you been running and are you sure of them?
A good seller wouldn't sell you dirty eggs. How where they packed?
Everything’s been bang on, packaged well also seller had fantastic reviews. What’s making you think it’s underdeveloped?

Everything’s been bang on, packaged well also seller had fantastic reviews. What’s making you think it’s underdeveloped?
For the size of the air cell, more of the egg should be filled in, I see quite a bit of unfilled area. I don't see veins but that could be just the pictures.
What day did you set? What breed?

For the size of the air cell, more of the egg should be filled in, I see quite a bit of unfilled area. I don't see veins but that could be just the pictures.
What day did you set? What breed?
White Campbell & it’s not filled as the cell has detached, which is why I’m keeping a extra eye & worried 😬

Back
Top Bottom