Help-First timer - My incubator has been housing Japanese Quail eggs, is it to early

Discussion in 'Quail' started by NicoleRook, Mar 16, 2013.

1. NicoleRook

NicoleRook Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    Lake Community, NJ
    Day nine, I found four eggs this morning that had cracks, two of which where circular. I don't think these were there yesterday. I am assuming it's too early for them to hatch, but need a second opinion. Should I remove them from incubator? Has anyone ever tried the elmers glue egg repair and had success. Help!

2. jwatts

jwatts Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Did you candle them yet? At day nine you shall be able to see something going on in there i believe. Do they smell? if so i would remove them. I myself candled quail eggs prior to going in the incu. I found a few eggs with cracks so i used parafin wax to seal them. so far so good, But i had got alot of great replies on what to use or the cracks,clear nail polish, wax,elmers glue,tape,etc.. good luck and keep us posted.

3. NicoleRook

NicoleRook Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    Lake Community, NJ
    I did, very hard to see through the eggs, but no smell yet. I think I saw a mass in one, and am too inexperianced/unsure to guess on the others. I moved them to a rail on their own and will sealing egg later. Thanks for advice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by