1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! Foamy yellow diarrhea

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by feldmannfam, Feb 21, 2015.

1. feldmannfam

feldmannfam New Egg

Feb 21, 2015
    Please help... Our 1 year old Buff Brahma has been lethargic, not eating or drinking, and having foamy yellow diarrhea for a week. We have isolated her and have been giving her electrolytes with a syringe. We have also been treating her with Corid but have seen no improvement. She won't eat or drink anything on her own. Any suggestions? We just don't know what else to do....

2. anwhite

anwhite Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2015
    The Valley, AZ
    I'm so sorry! I'm new to keeping chickens, but one of my chickens has had similar poop and today she had a round worm in her poop. So it might be worms, but I really don't know. :( Search this forum for poop chart and maybe try The Chicken Chick website. This forum and her site have been invaluable to me over the last month!

Good luck!

3. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland
    Can you post a pic of the poop? It could be a wide variety, though Cocci would be my first diagnosis. How long have you been treating with Corid and what dosage?

4. feldmannfam

feldmannfam New Egg

Feb 21, 2015
    We have been treating for coccidiosis for four days. I have been using 9.5cc in 1 gallon of water. No change at all

5. SunkenRoadFarms

SunkenRoadFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2014
    Maryland

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by